We are looking for an experienced strategic copywriter and brand storyteller to help us develop strategic messaging that helps the people we serve articulate their core value, connect authentically with their audiences, launch new ideas and position themselves strategically in the market.
WE WANT YOU TO
- Be a strong and proven brand writer with at least 5+ years of experience developing core messaging, unique value propositions and big ideas that shape how organizations communicate in the world.
- Have most of your experience in one or more of the following: start-ups, B2B industries, social impact organizations versus B2C and traditional advertising.
- Be good at conducting research, from developing thoughtful parameters with which to explore a community, demographic, industry, topic or area to applying creative approaches to uncovering insights that strategically inform writing and strategy.
- Have experience communicating with diverse audiences, understand the value of inclusion and have experience working on projects that focus on diverse demographics and lifestyles.
- Excel at using presentations, i.e. Powerpoint or Keynote, to tell stories.
- Understand and be an advocate for the importance of branding with purpose in a rapidly-evolving, low trust climate.
- Be affable, confident and engaging, but humble and approachable.
- Have worked in a small company and/or a small team in a large company and prefer it.
- Have a keen and recognizable ability to listen, absorb and make sense of all types of business and cultural dynamics.
- Thrive in a fluid and ever-changing environment—navigating various projects, deadlines and people in any given day.
- Be ever curious, about yourself, others and the world around you.
- Be looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and challenge yourself.
SO YOU CAN
- Develop clear value propositions and core messaging that strategically define ideas, brands and initiatives.
- Develop names for new products, companies, events and campaigns.
- Write compelling, authentic and confident copy for presentations, print collateral, digital media, brand guidelines and videos.
- Edit and proof copy with 99% accuracy on-the-fly from strategic internal documents, reports, collateral and presentations.
- Clearly and effectively communicate on the phone, in person and especially in writing.
- Collaborate with strategic designers and creative strategists to thoughtfully develop and execute strategic communications.
AS A TEAM MEMBER YOU WILL
- Participate in weekly team meetings and internal brainstorming sessions.
- Regularly represent the company at civic, community, business events
- Write for the company blog on a monthly basis.
- Work with amazing clients on incredible projects
- Learn from and contribute to a very diverse, idea-centric team
- Do things you are proud of