We are looking for a strategist to help us develop strategies, approaches, messaging and tactics that help the people and organizations we serve articulate their value, connect authentically with their stakeholders and partners, launch new ideas and position themselves strategically in the market. Our target time for this hire is Fall 2017.
WE WANT YOU TO
- Have at least a four year degree; preferably in business management, communications, philosophy or social science.
- Have at least five years of solid business strategy and/or consulting experience—at least two (2) of which are in communications or branding capacity.
- Be a business-minded person—someone who understands and enjoys the dynamics of competition, markets, trends and building brands.
- Understand and be an advocate for the importance of branding with purpose in a rapidly-evolving, low trust climate.
- Have experience developing strategies that lend themselves to increasing market share, generating awareness, and strategically positioning organizations in the market place.
- Be affable, confident and engaging, but humble and approachable.
- Have worked in a small company and/or a small team in a large company and prefer it.
- Have a keen and recognizable ability to listen, absorb and make sense of all types of business and cultural dynamics.
- Excel at using presentations, i.e. Powerpoint or Keynote, to tell stories.
- Enjoy writing—briefs, blogs, concepts, etc. You enjoy communicating ideas in the written form.
- Thrive in a fluid and ever-changing environment—navigating various projects, deadlines and people in any given day.
- Be ever curious, about yourself, others and the world around you.
- Be looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and challenge yourself.
SO YOU CAN
- Contribute to and develop brand, culture, communications and business strategies that help big and small businesses and public-serving organizations achieve strategic objectives.
- Synthesize and organize highly complex and conceptual ideas in very clear, easy to follow e-mails and documents that serve as guidance to clients and fellow team members.
- Develop clear value propositions and strategic messages and language designed to engage specific audiences.
- Meet with potential clients and proffer strategic ways to help them achieve their goals.
- Lead client and team meetings; from developing the agenda to facilitating productive conversation and ensuring follow through on resulting decisions.
- Clearly and effectively communicate on the phone, in person and especially in writing.
- Design and conduct interviews with executives, business owners, and various professionals.
- Develop clear, well organized strategic and creative briefs/documents that capture strategic objectives, dynamics, and provide guidance to business people, partners and your fellow team members.
AS A TEAM MEMBER YOU WILL:
- Participate in weekly team meetings and internal brainstorming sessions.
- Regularly represent the company at civic, community, business events
- Write for the company blog on a monthly basis.
- Work with amazing clients on incredible projects
- Learn from and contribute to a very diverse, idea-centric team
- Do things you are proud of